Multiphase Flow Loop
The multiphase flow facility is a three-phase closed loop where nitrogen gas, diesel and salt water is circulated. CMR as well as external companies use the loop for R&D and 3rd party tests of flow instruments.
The test facility consists of 6” and 3” flow loops, a 32 m3 separator tank, centrifugal pumps and reference instrumentation for determination of phase fractions, flow rates, flow pressures and temperatures
- Pressure range 5-10 bara
- Temperature range 15-35 oC (no temperature control)
- Gas flow rate 1100 Sm3/h
- Liquid flow rate 250 m3/h
- Water liquid ratio 0-100 %
- Water salinity can be varied in the range 3-10 S/m
Documentation of operational procedures and the uncertainty of reference instrumentation is available upon request.
- CFD analysis of a fiscal gas metering station at Gjøa
- Emissions to water, uncertainty analysis
- Evaluation of NOx emission models
- Field Kelvin Probe (FKP)
- First generation multiphase meter
- Hydrate monitoring and characterization using electromagnetic sensors
- Model for CO2 emission factor for flare gas
- Multimodal Flow Assurance Metering Station (MuFAMES)
- Multiphase flow and early fault detection
- Online tools for fiscal gas- and oil-metering uncertainty
- Ownership allocation
- Permittivity Calculator
- Salinity and Water-Liquid Ratio Sensor
- Subsea Online Fluid Analyser (SOFA)
- Ultrasonic time-of-flight flowmeters
- Acoustic detection and of underwater gas and oil plumes: Effective med...
- Acoustic methods for obtaining the pressure reflection coefficient fro...
- Active Acoustic Detection of Subsea Oil and Gas Leaks; Model Predictio...
- Fluid Characterization in a subsea on-line multiphase fluid sampling a...
- Geiger Müller detectors for gamma-ray tomography
- Hydrate measurement technologies for flow assurance
- Impact of Gas Hydrate Formation/Dissociation on Water-in-Crude Oil Emu...
- Measurements and 3D simulation of ultrasonic directive beam transmissi...
- Measurements of water conductivity in oil continuous emulsions
- Monitoring oil–water mixture separation by time domain reflectometry
- Multivariate Analysis of Crude Oil Composition and Fluid Properties Us...
- New NFOGM tool for ultrasonic liquid oil metering station uncertainty ...
- Normal incident ultrasonic beam transmission through a water-immersed ...
- Permittivity calculator. Method and tool for calculating the permittiv...
- Permittivity measurements using dual open ended coaxial probes
- Ultrasonic beam transmission through a water-immersed plate at oblique...
- Ultrasonic signal transmission in plates – Study of a steel plate im...
- Uncertainty analysis of emissions from the Statoil Mongstad oil refinery
- Uncertainty analysis of multiphase flow meters used for allocation mea...